Mobile Casino Software Guide
On this page we take a look at some of the major developers in the mobile casino games market today and we also have a handy guide to the mobile technologies being employed by casinos and casino software developers to bring you the latest in cutting edge casino gaming on the go.
If you love your slots then chances are you've heard of Microgaming as they are one of the world's most successful developers of online casino games and the power behind some of the biggest and best online casinos. With over 600 unique games under their belt including slots, casino games, video pokers, scratch cards, Keno, instant play Flash games, the world's largest Progressive Jackpot Network, 3D games and more
Microgaming have always been innovators having introduced the first mobile casino back in 1994 and their first mobile casino software in 2004, and this innovation now extends into the mobile games market as Microgaming work hard to ensure that they can bring quality and choice to the mobile casino player. In the first quarter of 212 Microgaming introduced 11 HTML5 powered games with 'swipe and tap' interfacing and advanced graphics and announced an aggressive games rollout scheduled for 2012 and beyond.
Slots from mobile Microgaming:
Tomb Raider, Thunderstruck, Mermaid's Millions,
Avalon, Mega Moolah, Treasure Nile, Pub Fruity, Double Magic
Microgaming mobile games run on: iPhone, iPad, Android, WAP phones, Windows Phones, BlackBerry
Key Technologies: Java, WebApps, HTML5, Adobe Air.
With over 13 years of experience in the online casino industry
Slotland Software are well known for their unique slots games and a selection of their games are now available
to play on a wide range of phones tablets and other devices.
Slotland's games always have unique looks and features and this trend is reflected in their mobile casino.
Easy to use and compatible with a huge range of mobile devices, Slotland's mobile software is particularly ideal for US players who are locked out of other casino software types so if you're based in the US and looking for a mobile casino you will want to try out the Slotland Mobile Casino (not suitable for UK players).
Slotland Mobile games run on: iPhone, iPad, Android, WAP phones, WebTV, Windows Phones, BlackBerry
key Technologies: Slotland Proprietary software, Java.
Playtech bring their expertise gained in developing popular online casino slots to the mobile market,
with a suit of quality games developed to ensure the player's gaming experience is optimized through a user-friendly interface and advanced graphics that take advantage of the latest cutting-edge mobile technology.
With full Multi-lingual and multi-currency support and connection to one of the world’s largest progressive jackpot networks plus support for a vast range of mobiles from low tech models to the latest smartphones and tablets Playtech powered mobile games have proven to be a popular choice with players..
Games can be downloaded either individually or in ‘Casino Pack’ bundles and as well as downloadable games, Playtech also have mobile WebApps allowing for instant no-download gaming at casinos such as Casino Tropez
Mobile Slots from Playtech:
Goblin’s Cave, A Night Out, Captain's Treasure, Safe Cracker, Desert Treasure
Formats supported: iPhone, iPad, Android, WAP phones, WebTV, Windows Phones, BlackBerry
key Technologies: Java, WebApps
Net Entertainment Software
Launched at the end of 2011 Net Entertainment's Touch brings Net Entertainment's innovative games to mobile devices.
If you've not played any Net Entertainment games before we think you'll be impressed by the quality of their games and this quality has successfully been transffered to mobile platforms resulting in some of the most visually stunning and feature rich slots games available to play on mobile devices today.
Net Entertainment Touch based games offer support multi-language support, 3D video slots, the exact same features as are found on desktop versions of their games, perfect conversions of some of their most popular slots including Gonzo's Quest and they are fully developed for iOS devices.
Victorious Touch, Flowers Touch, Jack Hammer, Gonzo’s Quest
Net Entertainment Touch games run on: iPhone, iPad, Android, Windows Phones, BlackBerry.
key Technologies: Net Entertainment Touch
Mobile Technology overview
Keeping up to date with mobile technology can be quite difficult as technology moves at an incredible pace. If you're looking to play slots on your portable device it may help to know just a little about current technologies so our glossary below provides a quick start guide to what's what.
- Adobe Integrated Runtime (AIR) is used by developers to build Rich Internet Applications (RIA) such as casino games using Adobe Flash, Adobe Flex, HTML, and Ajax, that can then be run as desktop applications or on mobile devices.
Adobe Flash Player
- Software Used to view Flash based content.
- Android is a Linux-based operating system for mobile devices such as smartphones and tablet computers. Developed by the Open Handset Alliance, Google acquired Android Inc. on August 17, 2005. Android became the world’s leading smartphone platform at the end of 2010.
- A mobile application commonly known as an App is a software application designed to run on smartphones, tablet computers and other mobile devices.
BlackBerry Tablet OS
- BlackBerry Tablet OS is an operating system from Research in Motion (RIM) used on the BlackBerry Playbooks. Currently on version 2.0.1.
- Adobe Flash (formerly Macromedia Flash) is a multimedia platform used to add animation, video, and interactivity to web pages. Flash is frequently used for advertisements, games and flash animations for broadcast. Flash is not supported by Apple's devices and is considered by many to be a dying technology. Adobe has stopped all Flash Player development for mobile browsers in favor of HTML5.
is a markup language for structuring and presenting content for the World Wide Web. Web developers can use HTML5 to build rich web applications that work across different device types. HTML5 offers enhanced support for 2D and 3D graphics and animations making it possible to create content such as games.
- Originally released in 2007,iOS (previously iPhone OS) is the mobile operating system developed and distributed by Apple Inc. Used on the iPhone, iPad, iTouch and Apple TV.
- refers to access to the world wide web from a handheld mobile device, such as a smartphone or a tablet computer, connected to a mobile network or other wireless network.
- Wireless Application Protocol (WAP) is a technical standard for accessing information over a mobile wireless network. WAP browsers are web browser for mobile devices such as mobile phones.
- A web application is an application that is accessed over a network such as the Internet using an internet browser to render the application. This differs from software that you might download and then install on your computer or install via a CD, DVD or similar.
- Wi-Fi is a popular technology that allows an electronic device to exchange data wirelessly via radio waves over a computer network, including high-speed Internet connections. Wi-Fi Hot Spots are places you can access the internet on a suitable service, such as your smartphone or iPad.
- Windows Phone is a mobile operating system developed by Microsoft, and is the successor to its Windows Mobile platform. Windows Phone 7.5 features a version of Internet Explorer Mobile with an engine that is based on Internet Explorer 9.
Return to top